Aboriginal health is a key priority area for Adelaide PHN. We commission a range of programs and activities as part of our commitment to improving health outcomes and accessibility of primary health care for Aboriginal people.
We are working alongside the Aboriginal community to develop strategies to improve primary health care locally. We have done this via activities including community consultation and the establishment of an Aboriginal Community Advisory Council.
One strategy we are implementing involves the commissioning of services that are specialised and designed to respond to the health needs of Aboriginal people. Another strategy involves working towards building the capacity of mainstream primary health care providers. Examples of our work in this area include:
- Commissioning cultural learning sessions for primary health care providers (find out more here)
- Developing Aboriginal health focussed clinical pathways and information within HealthPathways South Australia
- Promotion of MBS item numbers for services working with Aboriginal people
Providers can find relevant resources and links to support their delivery of culturally approporiate primary health care for Aboriginal people on this page. Explore more of our commissioned services responding to the health needs of Aboriginal people below.
To support our journey for reconciliation, we recently developed a Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). To access a copy and see how we plan to achieve our vision, please visit the RAP page of our website.
Aboriginal health resources and links for primary health care providers
The above element represents consultation and accountability and is part of an artwork by Allan Sumner
Adelaide PHN Aboriginal Health Resources
Closing the Gap Program (CTG) Integrated Team Care (ITC) Resources
Cultural Learning and Training for Primary Health Care Providers
- Cultural Learning for Primary Health Providers (commissioned by Adelaide PHN)
- RACGP's Cultural Awareness and Cultural Safety Training
Share Our Pride
Reconciliation Australia's online learning site
Centre for Cultural Competence
An online, accredited cultural competence course
Manual of Resources in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Suicide Prevention
An online manual bringing together a comprehensive collections of resources and tools for all people involved in Indigenous suicide prevention, including:
- Individuals, families, Elders and community members
- Clinicians and frontline workers
- Primary Health Networks and funding organisations
Explore our commissioned services and programs focussed on improving the health of Aboriginal people
or explore all of our programs via our directory of programs and services page