Full Time Fixed Term Contract to 30 June 2023
Are you a Mental Health Clinical Lead with experience in assessment and clinical triage? Would you like an exciting opportunity leading a team of Clinical Triage Officers?
Adelaide PHN is seeking an experienced Mental Health Clinical Lead with experience in psychological therapies and clinical triage to become an integral member of our Adelaide Primary Health Network (Adelaide PHN) Head to Health Assessment and Referral Phone Service (1800 595 212), including our Central Referral Unit (CRU).
Adelaide Primary Health Network (Adelaide PHN) is an independent, not for profit, primary health care organisation based in Adelaide.
We aim to improve the health and wellbeing of the Adelaide community by coordinating and integrating health and community services and by working in partnership to identify local needs and create strategies in response to keeping people well and out of hospital; improving their experience AND their health outcomes – to deliver on our vision of A Healthier Adelaide by 2030.
The Adelaide PHN Head to Health Assessment and Referral Phone Service (1800 595 212), including our Central Referral Unit (CRU) (“the Service”) is intended to provide initial clinical assessment where required and service navigation to connect people to the right mental health services to meet their identified needs. It is designed to complement, not replace, or duplicate, mental health support lines and services already provided in the community, including crisis support lines and state -funded triage services facilitating intake into tertiary services.
The Service will provide a holistic assessment of needs provided by a trained professional using the Commonwealth’s Initial Assessment and Referral (IAR) tool.
Our Clinical Triage Lead contributes to improving access to and quality of primary mental health services in our region by providing the important link between general practice/stakeholders and mental health providers, and support the strategic direction of the Adelaide PHN by:
- Providing clinical oversight and supervision to the Service;
- Managing general enquiries and undertaking phone based IAR assessment, connecting people seamlessly to the most appropriate local service to meet their identified needs;
- Reviewing and developing a clinical governance framework and processes to align with service expectations of the new the Head to Health Assessment and Referral Phone Service;
- Conducting clinical audits and providing clinical guidance to our Clinical Triage Officers;
- Providing operational oversight of clinical functions of the Service;
- Providing mental health expertise and advice to ensure service functions are achieved;
- Working closely with the CRU System Support Officers reviewing all referrals for primary mental health care services received by the Adelaide PHN through its CRU;
- Clinically triaging and allocating referrals to the most appropriate commissioned service provider (CSP) (or other relevant service);
- Liaising with referring practitioner or referral source to assess the risk and appropriate service allocation as required; and
- Supporting the planning, development, implementation and review of policies and processes to enhance commissioned service delivery.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Clinical experience and relevant tertiary qualifications are essential, including minimum 2 years:
- supervised experience in the area of mental health; and
- relevant professional development and or supervision.
- Experience in clinical assessment, triage and clinical supervision;
- Demonstrated understanding of mental health services in a community setting and the barriers and challenges to achieving good health outcomes;
- Knowledge of evidence based psychological therapy and an extensive understanding of mental health services at a regional level;
- Demonstrated ability to use a person and family centred model of care and recovery focussed approach, as well as an understanding of a stepped care approach to service delivery.
You may have had experience in previous roles such as: Clinical Lead, Triage Officer, Mental Health Clinician, Social Worker, Psychologist, Mental Health Worker, Intake and Assessment Clinician, Mental Health Intake Clinician, Mental Health Specialist, Access Clinician, Intake Officer.
Why you should come work with us
Adelaide PHN offers a great range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Competitive remuneration and work-life balance;
- Access to generous not for profit Salary Sacrifice taxation benefits including up to $15,900 for living expenses and $2,650 for meal and entertainment;
- Work from home opportunities;
- Additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year, in addition to annual leave entitlements;
- Generous allowance toward professional development;
- Family friendly and flexible working arrangements;
- Modern office space with natural light;
- Collaboration with passionate likeminded professionals;
- Free Employment Assistance Program.
How to apply
- Please read and consider the attached job and person specification
- Email your resume and maximum 2 page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role against the skills and experience required to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to discuss the position, please call 8219 5900
To apply, you must have the legal right to work in Australia.
Applications close 12 noon Tuesday 12 July 2022. However, due to the immediacy of this vacancy, early applications are encouraged, and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for interview as applications are received. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information about this role, please contact Kelly Wells, CRU Manager on 08 8219 5900 or email@example.com.
We believe that our people’s differences are what make us great. We value diversity in culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, neurodiversity or any other aspect which makes our people unique. We are on our journey to continuously work to call out inequality and bias and encourage real workplace inclusion and diversity.
Adelaide PHN Vacancy
Phone: 08 8219 5900