Adelaide PHN Grant Application Process for Telehealth in Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs)
Thursday, June 15 2023
Adelaide PHN is pleased to announce the third opening for Grant Applications for Telehealth in Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs).
Adelaide PHN is inviting eligible Residential Aged Care Organisations within the Adelaide metropolitan region to apply for a Grant for their RACFs to purchase the required virtual health consultation equipment as well as to participate in training and education aimed at ensuring older people receive appropriate and timely primary health care enabled by digital technologies.
Successful RACFs will be offered up to $7,500.00 (GST exc) and be provided the opportunity to engage in a range of PHN supported activities which includes, but is not limited to:
- Funding of up to $7,500 for the purchase of appropriate telehealth equipment as well as for participating in training and education.
- Education and training support for RACF and General Practice staff to develop and improve telehealth competency.
- Free licenses to a telehealth video conferencing platform.
- Resources and guides to support the implementation of the program including policy templates, workflows, FAQs etc.
- Support with developing tailored after-hours plan to be used when resident has deteriorating health and requires medical advice during after-hours period.
- My Health record and Secure Message Delivery support as required.
- Support building relationships with local general practices and other health care providers.
RACFs are required to commit to the program for a minimum of twelve (12) months subject to any contract variations or extensions.
Grant applications will be assessed and awarded in batches while the Grant offer is open. The final Grant applications for this round will be assessed and awarded by mid-October 2023.
The application form can be found here. The Grant Application process opened at 12:00pm ACDT on Tuesday 13 June 2023 and closes at 3:00pm ACDT on Wednesday 13 September 2023.
Aged care organisations would need to complete a separate application for each of their aged care homes.
Relevant links and downloads: bit.ly/3p16jsS