Adelaide PHN Head to Health Assessment and Referral Phone Service Request for Proposal
Friday, October 28 2022
Adelaide PHN is pleased to announce the commissioning of the Head to Health Assessment and Referral Phone Service.
Adelaide PHN is inviting proposals from suitably qualified and experienced organisations to deliver the service within the Adelaide metropolitan region for up to three years commencing from 1 July 2023.
Both South Australian based and non-South Australian based not for profit and private organisations are eligible to apply. This invitation is not open to Government entities.
The Head to Health assessment and referral phone service will provide:
- A welcoming and accessible entry point for people experiencing mental health and AOD concerns and their families and carers through a ‘no wrong door’ approach
- Service navigation and connect people to all levels of mental health care including, Adelaide PHN funded services (including Head to Health centres and satellite), headspace, State services, Non-Government Organisations (NGOs), other community-based health services, and private providers
- Information and advice to individuals in a way that is person-centred and prioritises self-determination, choice, and agency
- An assessment of needs by a mental health professional using the Commonwealth’s Initial Assessment and Referral (IAR-DST) Decision Support Tool to ensure consistency of approach when determining level of mental health care required
- Seamless service pathways to all sectors of the mental health system, by working collaboratively with local mental health service providers through the development of strong working relationships to allow a smooth transfer of information and transition to providers
- Warm clinical handover processes through active communication with the referred service to ensure people have a smooth transition
- Support is maintained for the individual by phone service staff whilst they are waiting to be accepted and contacted by the agency to which they have been referred
- A culturally safe and inclusive response to the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQ+ populations, and people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
The tender documentation is now available on Tenderlink. The RFP closes at 12.00pm ACST on Monday 21 November 2022.