Adelaide PHN’s Mental Health Services Update: New, Continuing and Ceasing Services
Friday, May 19 2023
Adelaide PHN is pleased to advise the new primary mental health care (PMHC) services that are commencing operation from 1 July 2023. We would also like to provide an update on the continuing PMHC services and those that are ceasing from 30 June 2023. This announcement follows our recent PMHC services recommissioning process.
Newly Commissioned Services
We are pleased to announce that the new PMHC services commencing on 1 July 2023 across our region are -
- Southern Wellbeing Hub by Neami National
- Western Wellbeing Hub by Sonder
- Lives Lived Well
- Thorne Harbour Health
- Survivors of Torture and Trauma Assistance and Rehabilitation Service (STTARS)
All providers deliver mental health services across a stepped care continuum to ensure people are matched to the right intervention based on their individual need.
Existing Services that are Continuing
The following PMHC services will continue operation -
- All headspace Centres (Edinburgh North, Marion, Port Adelaide, Onkaparinga, Adelaide)
- Services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples (Nunkuwarrin Yunti and The ACT Centre)
- Towards Wellbeing (psychosocial)
- Sonder PMHC services in the north (note this service will be replaced with a new Head to Health Centre in the north later in 2023 with enhanced PMHC services)
- Relationships Australia (SA) mental health services for RACFs
- Lived Experience Telephone Support Service (LETSS) by Neami/Skylight
- Community based suicide prevention service by Anglicare (including The Way Back Support Service)
How to Refer into New and Continuing Services
From 1 July 2023, referrals to the new and continuing services can be made by calling the Head to Health Phone Line on 1800 595 212 from 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
- Referral Net or Argus
Name: Central Referral Unit | URN: CRU
Until 30 June 2023, referrals to these services can be made via the Central Referral Unit using the secure messaging details above or by calling the Mental Health Enquiry Line on 1300 580 249.
Adelaide PHN would like to thank the following services for their contribution to our PMHC services program over the past six years:
- Brian Burdekin Clinic
- CASSA (Community Access Services SA)
- Developing Minds
- PsychMed (PMHC programs only) - AoD services continue)
- Shine SA
- Southern Walk in Afterhours Mental Health Service – Neami (will be replaced to Southern Wellbeing Hub above)
A reminder that our PMHC services are intended for under-serviced, hard to reach and at risk/vulnerable populations in areas of highest need. A list of additional services can be accessed here. Health professionals can also use HealthPathways SA.
If you have any questions relating to the new, continuing or ceasing services, please contact our PMHC Services Lead, Simon McMahon, via 8219 5900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.