Adelaide PHN’s Small Grant Application Process for Telehealth in Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACF)
Wednesday, October 26 2022
Adelaide PHN is pleased to announce the opening for small grant applications for Telehealth in Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs).
Adelaide PHN is inviting eligible Residential Aged Care Organisations within the Adelaide metropolitan region to apply for a Small Grant for their RACFs to purchase the required equipment as well as to participate in training and education aimed at ensuring older people receive appropriate and timely primary health care enabled by digital technologies.
Successful RACFs will be offered up to $7,500.00 (GST Exc) and be provided the opportunity to engage in a range of PHN supported activities which included, but not limited to:
- Funding of up to $7,500 for the purchase of appropriate telehealth equipment as well as for participating in training and education.
- Education and training support for RACF and General Practice staff to develop and improve telehealth competency.
- Free licenses to a telehealth video conferencing platform.
- Resources and guides to support the implementation of the program including policy templates, workflows, FAQs etc.
- Support with developing tailored after-hours plan to be used when resident has deteriorating health and requires medical advice during after-hours period.
- My Health record and Secure Message Delivery support as required.
- Support building relationships with local general practices and other health care providers.
In exchange, Adelaide PHN will ask the RACFs to report on a range of indicators and participate in evaluation and continuous quality improvement activities.
A one-page description of the proposed model will be released to inform the market of the Small Grant Application process, and RACFs are required to commit to the program for a minimum of twelve-months subject to any contract variations or extensions.
The successful grant applicant(s) will be notified as a collective but will be implemented in a tiered approach based on the number of residential aged care beds owned by each organisation.
It is expected that the Small Grant will be awarded late November, early December 2022, although grants will be rolled out in a tiered process as mentioned above.
The tender documentation is now available on Tenderlink. The Small Grant Application process will open at 12:00pm ACDT on Monday 24 October 2022 and closes at 3:00pm ACDT on Monday 21 November 2022.