Adelaide PHN’s Small Grant Application Process for Telehealth in Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs) now open
Wednesday, March 29 2023
Adelaide PHN is pleased to announce the second opening for Small Grant Applications for Telehealth in Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs).
Adelaide PHN is inviting eligible Residential Aged Care Organisations within the Adelaide metropolitan region to apply for a Small Grant for their RACFs to purchase the required virtual health consultation equipment as well as to participate in training and education aimed at ensuring older people receive appropriate and timely primary health care enabled by digital technologies.
Successful RACFs will be offered up to $7,500.00 (GST Exc) and be provided the opportunity to engage in a range of PHN supported activities which includes, but is not limited to:
- Funding of up to $7,500 for the purchase of appropriate telehealth equipment as well as for participating in training and education.
- Education and training support for RACF and General Practice staff to develop and improve telehealth competency.
- Free licenses to a telehealth video conferencing platform.
- Resources and guides to support the implementation of the program including policy templates, workflows, FAQs etc.
- Support with developing tailored after-hours plan to be used when resident has deteriorating health and requires medical advice during after-hours period.
- My Health record and Secure Message Delivery support as required.
- Support building relationships with local general practices and other health care providers.
In exchange, Adelaide PHN will ask the RACFs to report on a range of indicators and participate in evaluation and continuous quality improvement activities.
A one-page description of the proposed model will be released to inform the market of the Small Grant Application process, and RACFs are required to commit to the program for a minimum of twelve (12) months subject to any contract variations or extensions.
The successful grant applicant(s) will be notified as a collective but the implementation will be based on the turnaround time for the return of signed agreements and invoices.
It is expected that the Small Grant will be awarded by May 2023.
The tender documentation is now available on Tenderlink. Application closes at 3:00pm ACDT on Wednesday 26 April 2023.